Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Get with the (marriage equality) program

Let's face it. Every single reader I have has found me through A Practical Wedding. So what I am about to talk about will come as no surprise but I'm gonna say it anyway.


Meg is, once again, doing something incredibly ballsy and doing it with a level of competence that baffles the mind. I'm talking about Yay New York! and I'm fucking impressed. She describes it better than me so go to the link if for more info but the jist is: free marriages for two lucky same sex couples and a big-ass party in NYC to raise money for an organization working towards“achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.” 


They are selling tickets and they are selling tote bags


I do not live in NYC and I have a fucking gajillion tote bags. However, (with inspiration from a friend) I bought a ticket and a bag. You should, too.


Over and out. 


*heh. Accidentally posted this first with the title Get with the (marriage quality) Program. I mean...that, too, I guess. 

3 comments:

  1. I bought a tote bag the morning they went on sale. (I just got it on Friday, squee!!). It didn't occur to me to buy a ticket though as I will not be in New York. However, I think that is a great idea though!!!! I am going to have to follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriage quality and Equality for all! ;)

    And I'm pretty sure I found you before your grad post on APW. How *did* we find each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @agirl: Right when Meg had her "Reclaiming Wife" idea she started a blog roll on the side of her site under the "Reclaiming Wife" title. I was the first blog there. She took me off when she got a new website. I...try very hard not to take that as a personal offense/hate myself.

    ReplyDelete