Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

A few months after D and I started dating, he and I were lazing around one day not really knowing what to do with ourselves. I was in a funk for god knows what reason and we were trying to figure out a low-key way to entertain ourselves and put me in a better mood. We ended up at the video store (remember those?) wandering around aimlessly, like you do. Somehow we ended up in front of the Addams Family movies and I became convinced that watching Addams Family Values would make me 100% better. I turned to D, desperation (and a little bit of joy at the prospect) in my eyes and asked:

"Can we pleeeeeease rent Addams Family Values?"

Luckily for our relationship he readily agreed. It totally did the trick.

A few weeks ago the original Addams Family movie was on TV and we watched snippets in-between a football game. D turned to me and said, "You know, I really don't think I could have married you if you hadn't loved the Addams Family." Uh...Ditto babe.

In honor of those stories I bring you this, my favorite Thanksgiving-themed anything:




And yes, apparently my life is wholly defined by campy movies from the 80s and 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment