Saturday, March 6, 2010

To Bam-Bam the pug dog

Oh, Bam-Bam.

The minute I saw there was a pet adoption our local Petsmart, I knew there would be trouble.

But I had no idea there would be you. Those hideous bug eyes. That intense underbite! I have no defenses against a dog as endearingly ugly as you. Wearing that red vest (it said ARF on it!) and shaking your little curly-q butt at me in the dog shampoo aisle.

You almost got me. I could just see you in our little apartment, Bam-Bam, snuggled in between the cats (I am sure they would learn to love you). You had me at ARF.

We had an intense few minutes there, Bam-Bam, and I'm sorry I couldn't take you home. You really would have fit well at the end of the bed (or, you know, as the small spoon in a cuddle pile).


See you around, Bam-Bam. Don't let the man get you down.

*Paintings of dogs that are not Bam-Bam from here.


2 comments:

  1. Awwww. It's always the sweet eyes that get you. My two dogs both suckered me with the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I left you an award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete