Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dear The Nest Magazine:

What the F, how did you find me?

I mean, I know how you found me - I never should have signed up for your stupid Knot website and your hive-inducing to-do lists.

But WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE? I didn't ask you to come here. In my 16 months of being engaged I never once bought a wedding magazine and I damn sure don't want a magazine that tells me how to act like a married person. The idea of "dating another couple" makes me want to stab myself in the eyeballs* and I don't need you to make me feel depressed about my white-walled and beige-carpeted apartment because it is all I can afford. I don't live in a damn bungalow and my only dinner dilemmas are a) what is D making and how soon will be be done or b) should I make my quesadilla in the microwave or on the stove.

So: get. out. I do not want you here! So far I have been able to avoid looking past your cover, but I fear that if you stay any longer I may acquiesce.

* More on this later.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously? There's a magazine?! I started getting emails from some those crazy Nest people on my honeymoon, which royally annoyed me. Thank god they haven't found my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear god yes there is a magazine. Why it is surviving while Conde Nast is laying off people like nobody's business, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one of these, too! And we aren't even married yet. I signed up on The Knot once, didn't care for it, and our plans stretched wayyy out and we're not even officially engaged yet.

    EFF THE NEST.

    ReplyDelete