Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scientists are both absent-minded and sort of stupid

MWK: So I was thinking of hanging that photo of us - the one from the wedding? - right there (points to spot in bedroom).

D$: What photo?

MWK: The one of the two of us, from the wedding. From the first dance.

D$: What?

MWK: The one that hung up in our living room in our old place?

D$: Silence

MWK (for some reason thinking that repeating herself will do the trick): The one of us from the wedding? We are dancing? It was hanging in the living room?

D$: I seriously don't have any idea what you are talking about.

MWK (now from another room): BAAAH! It is leaning on the wall by the fireplace. Go look at it.

(D$ obeys)

D$: We are dancing in that photo? It looks like we are smooching.*

MWK: Look at my arm!

D$ (walks into room where MWK is to inspect arm): Why do you want me to look at your arm?

MWK: IN THE PHOTO! LOOK AT MY ARM IN THE PHOTO! WE ARE CLEARLY DANCING!

D$: Oh! Uh...I believe you. But I really thought you wanted me to look at your arm just now.

* We are not smooching in the photo. But our heads are very close together. We may be just pre-smooch.
**I know the whole "heh-heh aren't men stupid" schtick gets very, very old, but this was too ridiculous not to share. I am not sure how D$ actually survives in the real world.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I miss you. And I can totally see this conversation happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words. Absolutely none, except: <3

    ReplyDelete