Sunday, January 9, 2011

and I'm back

Okay, I think my sad-sackery is done for now.

This morning I woke up, put on my big-girl pants, and went back up to my mom's house to spend a little more time with my brother.  It went fine.

I exercised. I just got home from having sushi and wine with a dear friend who was in town to visit and who happens to have had leukemia when she was 3 1/2 (until she was 6). The girl knows from cancer and has always been able to make me feel better about just about anything.

My apartment is clean. I have food cooked for the week. It's gonna be all right.

2 comments:

  1. Yes it will.

    It is totally OK to be sad, though. Cancer in children is just ballbreaking. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cancer in children just seems unnatural.

    p.s. food cooked for the week is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete