Sunday, January 30, 2011

From family to family

Friday night I spent the afternoon at the hospital with lil' nephew and company. Then my 15 year-old niece came over for a sleepover. She tried on my clothes and we watched Shag - a girly classic in my group of friends.

Last night, after cleaning all day (see below for why) I spent the night at the hospital so lil' nephew's parents could go home and get some sleep. Lil' nephew got mad at me for waking him up every hour to pee, but other than that it was uneventful.

That is one kind of family, and I'm glad to have them.

However.

D$ gets home in about an hour. The house is clean. I washed D$'s towel, cleaned the bathroom and did my hair. There is a roast in the crockpot and I made a chocolate cake from scratch.

Clearly, I am excited for my other, smaller and newer-to-me family to be intact again.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, glad he's finally home! And yum to chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate cake from scratch, yum!!

    i so enjoy spending time with our nieces, but i very much enjoy our baby family too.

    so glad you will have D$ back home with you!!

    ReplyDelete