Monday, January 3, 2011

My Southern Superstitious Wish for you









(note: not my recipe, which is better)

For several years now D and I have been making this meal on New Years Day; in the South where we both have roots it is said to bring good luck for the new year. We've had pretty good luck these last years and there's no way I'm messing with a formula that works. This year we got to enjoy the meal with my brother, who arrived to eat it just in time after an, um..."overnight stay" at an old girlfriend's house (clearly he doesn't need any more luck). 

I know I'm a few days late, but I wish you all good fortune, prosperity, luck, health, joy and solace in the year to come. 

I'll be back here on the regular in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. My exact New Year's meal! Although I make my cornbread from the Jiffy package - what can I say, I like it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black eyed peas! That's what I've been missing! And I didn't eat it this year either, darnit. Oh well, next year.

    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made pancakes. You know you want some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made cornbread, greens, and a butternut squash roast for our New Year's meal. Two out of three. ;)

    Happy New Year and many blessings to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete